Some cooking notes to remember for next year
Posted November 27th, 2008 by s5
We tried out some modifications this year, and the unflesh came out so tender and perfect that I wanted to jot some notes down before forgetting. If you have any notes of anything you tried, feel free to leave them in the comments.
- We poured one full cup of yeast spice mix in with the gluten flour (NOT in with the liquid). We used the bulk gluten flour at Rainbow instead of the usual Bob’s Red Mill.
- We replaced two cups of water for the gluten with two cups of veggie broth. We also added two Tbsp of tamari.
- We used the cheese cloth (rather than the baking-only modification).
- We poured in 1 and 1/3 cup of yeast spice mix in with the gallon of water.
- We wrapped the UnTurkey with three sheets of yuba, by first laying the yuba on top of the margarine greased cookie sheet.
- After boiling, we basted the unflesh (under the yuba) with a paste of yeast mix and olive oil.
- After covering with yuba, we basted again with yeast mix, olive oil and white wine.
Okay I think that’s it. More updates as they happen. And yes, we’re still on cam.